Brit’s Thai wife electrocuted at Songkran foam party, days before scheduled move to UK

A 25-year-old Thai woman tragically died from electrocution at a Songkran foam party in Udon Thani, only days before she was supposed to move to England to start a new life with her husband.

Supaporn Beddoes died on the night of April 12 while she was at a Songkran party in Baan Dung. According to her mother, Duangchai Saengchart, 47, the event organizer allegedly used damaged wires and only paid THB20,000 to compensate her daughter’s life, claiming they didn’t have any more money, T News reported.

Duangchai said Supaporn was the main provider for the family, and her daughter was supposed to move to England to start a life with her husband after the Songkran holiday.

Photo: Supaporn Beddoes/ Facebook

Baan Dung police have collected forensic evidence and will charge event organizers for their reckless actions which led to the death of another person.

Following the sad news, Supaporn’s husband Michael Beddoes posted a Facebook status to express his…

Original published: 18 April 2017 4:18 am Read the full Bangkok News here


Some local news is curated - Original might have been posted at a different date/ time! Click the source link for details.

Leave a Reply

Let others know about this!

Thank you for sharing :)

Send this to a friend